SOME FUN FACTS
Fun fact #1: Our group chat is named "gloomhavenese"
bUT i HAVE NO IDEA WHO NAMED IT THAT. i'VE NEVER LOVED IT, BUT OVER A YEAR HAS NOW PASSED, SO AT THIS POINT IT'S TOO AWKWARD TO SAY ANYTHING.
Fun Fact #2: i SOMEWHAT REGRET DOING THIS WEBSITE.
i'M NOT SURE WHY i ACTUALLY FINISHED MAKING IT AFTER i KNEW WE WOULDN'T BE PLAYING THIS WEEK AND WOULND'T HAVE ANY VIDEOS. iT'S EMBARRASSING HOW MUCH TIME IT TOOK.
Fun Fact #3: mY GROUP ABANDONED ME IN MULTIPLE WAYS:
1. lACK OF TEXT RESPONSES // 2. nOT PLAYING THIS WEEK // 3. DIDN'T EVEN SEND ME A PHOTO TO USE
Lane and Stephen start playing some games together. Their wives play with them.
Grant finally graduates college and moves to be near his favorite brother Lane. Lane buys Gloomhaven to play with Grant and Stephen. Their wives no longer join them.
Matt hears how much fun they're having and decides to join.
Everybody betrays Lane and he has to make the website alone with no funny videos.
They never play Gloomhaven again (probably.)
OK FINE, MAYBE I DO STILL LIKE THEM
(BUT THIS SECTION IS LESS COOL WITH NO VIDEOS)
lane RUSSELL - tHE OBSESSIVE
- Signature catch phrase: "What day can we play this week?"
- The biggest board gamer in the group, and the only one who would consider listening to a podcast about games every week.
- Spends excessive time learning to use a laser cutter exclusively to make custom game organizers; learning about 3D modeling and printing simply to add game components; and learning how to make a website just to try and win this contest.
- The "Danny Ocean" of the group, but without any of the charm, wit, good looks, or infectious personality. Basically he just brought the group together.
stephen meek - tHE lifeblood
- Signature catch phrase: "And then I loot the coin." (He does it on purpose, just so we can't have it.)
- His passion and enthusiasm sustains the energy both in and out of game.
- Refuses to allow "asterisk" wins
- Has superhuman ability to keep his house immaculately clean and ready to game, despite having 3 kids.
- Wife thinks that he will probably one day run away with Lane. (She's right.)
Matt meese - tHE social gamer
- Signature catch phrase: laughing. All the time. Seriously, I think he only knows how to be happy.
- A crazy loyal person who would rather not play if another group member can't make it.
- Most important in-game strategy is quoting a movie at the optimal time.
- Lives in a perpetual state of expecting the game to suddenly betray him.
- Internet famous for playing the character Scott Sterling on Studio C. (Stephen was also a member of Studio C, but not everything is about him.
Grant russell - tHE A.P. King
- Signature catch phrase: "Wait, you're ready for the next round? I haven't even looked at my cards yet."
- Increases game night duration by an average of about 1 hour.
- Talented strategic gamer who can find winning strategies in any circumstance.
- Has been to Stephen's house almost every week for over a year, and has still never seen any of Stephen's three kids.
- Lane bought Gloomhaven ("a ridiculously expensive game" according to Lane's wife) just to spend more time with Grant.
©2019 Gloomhavenese. All rights reserved.
Made with MuseFree.com